Monday 1 January 2018

The Secrets of a Teenage Heiress by Katy Birchall

Synopsis (from Goodreads)

Publisher: Egmont 
Released: 11th of January 2018 

Flick's family have owned The Royale – one of London's most prestigious hotels – for generations. But Flick isn't that interested. She is interested in the newest guest – superstar celebrity Skylar Chase, and Sky's mega-famous group of friends, including dreamy YouTube star, Ethan Duke. But just as Flick gets the chance to join their glittering squad, she gets grounded following an unfortunate incident involving a prince, a wardrobe and a selfie stick (it could have happened to anyone!). With only her Instagram star pet dachshund, Fritz, for company, will Flick find a way to escape The Royale and join the fame game?

What I Have to Say 

Katy Birchall's books are always a load of fun. She shows realistic teenagers getting into high jinks and escapades and generally getting into trouble. She doesn't shy away from the personality traits that teenagers often show, simply by being young. Flick is very self-centred and isn't very aware of people around her, something that we see change throughout the course of the book. 

I loved the general atmosphere of the hotel. I loved the family feel with the workers and the two families at the centre of the book. I love the idea in general of living in a hotel and having your family run it. I don't think that's something I could ever get tired of, because there's so much possibility for interesting characters and scenery. 

And Fritz was wonderful. Dogs in books usually are, but the way he had his own little fan club and all his outfits, it added a bit of adorable background to the book that I loved. 

I'm hoping this becomes a series. 


My thanks go to Egmont and Netgalley for providing me with this copy for review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment