Monday 24 July 2017

Simply the Quest by Maz Evans

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 373
Publisher: Chicken House
Released: 3rd of August 2017 

Elliot and Virgo’s troubles are far from over: death-daemon
Thanatos and his scary mum are at large and determined to
destroy the world. As even more immortal allies and enemies
emerge, Virgo and Elliot must learn how to be heroes …

What I Have to Say 

After enjoying the first book so much, I'm sad to say that this one didn't catch my heart so much. I still enjoyed the basic concept and story lines, but I felt that some of the characters, like Hermes and Hercules were a little cringe-worthy. They're based on stereotypes of people, which maybe the younger readers would find more funny. But I just didn't like it. 

The rest was great though. Same Elliot, same Virgo. The main gods were a bit in the background as they'd gotten into a fight with Hera and had their powers taken, probably mostly to put the focus on the two teenagers. But it was still nice to see the gods around and bickering in the background. 

I'm starting to really like Virgo. I loved her to begin with, even if she was really snobby, but her character is having to adapt and learn as she struggles with mortality and it's cool to see her journey. 

This is still a really good series even if some of it annoyed me. 


My thanks go to Chicken House for providing me with this copy for review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment