Tuesday 22 March 2016

Love Song by Sophia Bennett

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 384 
Publisher: Chicken House Books
Released: 7th of April 2016 

A million girls would kill for the chance to meet The Point, but Nina’s not one of them.

She’s the new assistant to the lead singer’s diva fiancée, and she knows it’s going to suck. She quickly learns that being with the hottest band on the planet isn’t as easy as it looks: behind the scenes, the boys are on the verge of splitting up. Tasked with keeping an eye on four gorgeous but spoiled rock stars, Nina’s determined to stick it out – and not fall for any of them …


What I Have to Say 

I want to say before I start that I liked the whole of this book. I say this because I'm only really going to be talking about the second half. The first half was good, easy to read and fun, but it just didn't stick with me the way the second half did. The first half, I liked. The second half, I loved

The second half of this book made me think of the golden age of rock music. The fact that I wasn't born then is completely inconsequential. It's the bohemian life style of the bands jamming together, making music and just having a great time. The image of the bands muse in the other room, painting, really stuck with me. 

I just enjoyed the atmosphere of the book more than anything else. It made me want to listen to more old music. It created something bigger than than the book and the story itself. Something that I think will stay with me long after I've forgotten the plot and details of the story. 



My thanks go to Chicken House for providing me with this copy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment