Thursday 7 January 2016

Faceless by Alyssa B. Sheinmel

Synopsis (from Goodreads

Pages: 400
Publisher: Chicken House
Released: 7th of January 2016

When Maisie is struck by lightning, her face is partially destroyed. She's lucky enough to get a face transplant, but how do you live your life when you can't even recognize yourself anymore? She was a runner, a girlfriend, a good student ...a normal girl. Now, after a single freak accident, all that has changed. As Maisie discovers how much her looks did and didn't shape her relationship to the world, she has to redefine her own identity, and figure out what 'lucky' really means.



What I Have to Say 

The plot of this book caught me the moment I heard of it. It sounded like a really interesting thing to explore so I'm really glad that it didn't disappoint me. 

I can't say anything for the accuracy of it, since I haven't faced many of the issues that the character faces in the book. But it did feel really accurate and from the terminology and details used in the book, it certainly seemed like the author had done her research. 

I think the thing that interested me the most in this book was the idea of identity and change that was looked at. How through her surgery Maisie loses her sense of identity and has to find out who she is post-accident. It's something that everyone can identify with.

This is definitely a thought-provoking book and a really well written one.


No comments:

Post a Comment