Thursday 12 February 2015

All Fall Down by Ally Carter

Synopsis (from Goodreads

My thanks go to Netgalley and Hachette Children's Books for providing me with this e-ARC. 

Pages: 320 
Publisher: Orchard Books
Released: 5th of February 2015

Grace can best be described as a daredevil, an Army brat, and a rebel. She is also the only granddaughter of perhaps the most powerful ambassador in the world and Grace has spent every summer of her childhood running across the roofs of Embassy Row.

Now, at age sixteen, she's come back to stay - in order to solve the mystery of her mother's death. In the process, she uncovers an international conspiracy of unsettling proportions, and must choose her friends and watch her foes carefully if she and the world are to be saved.

What I Have To Say 

I was distraught when this book ended. Completely upset. I'm certain my copy was missing a paragraph or two. I mean sure, it's Ally Carter so I can make an educated guess at what it was about. But it still ended too early. I might be able to forgive the lack of paragraphs if there's a sequel. Though it is a cruel way to end a book. 

As far as the rest of the book went, Carter was on form, writing the same thrilling plots and wonderful characters that she usually writes. The diversity in this books was as expected from a book set on Embassy Row! Characters from various cultures being friends and socializing, so if you're looking for diverse books, look right here! 

The mental health aspect of the books was also really well portrayed. As someone with experience with some of the things shown, I can say that it was accurate and sensitively written. The way Grace refers to herself as crazy throughout the book may seem a little harsh to some, but I can tell you, it is the way people talk about themselves when they're in that situation. 

This is definitely a book that I would encourage everyone to read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment