Wednesday 25 June 2014

Event Report: John Green Party



So on Saturday night, I went to the John Green party at Birmingham high street Waterstones. I didn't really know what to expect but they said there would be cake so I thought it would be cool. Although the cake part ended up being a bit disappointing.

The friend I was supposed to be going with had to cancel last minute, which made walking into a room full of people I didn't know, being unsure what was actually going to happen, really nerve-wracking. Luckily I managed to sit with three girls (and met more awesome people later on) so it was fine.

The event started with announcements of some future events ( Maze Runner Party, Lauren Oliver Signing and the Launch of Alice Oseman's Solitaire, all very exciting) followed by a really hard TFIOS quiz (who can remember the name of the drug Hazel was on?).

We were given awesome goodie bags (see picture above), even though they're both ones I've already read. Though the new John Green covers are so pretty and I've been wanting a hard copy of The Year of the Rat so I'm keeping both!

Then we were let loose to buy books (all buy one get one half price), raffle tickets and event tickets, eat cake and chat. The cake consisted of a table of nibbles with a disappointing lack of cake. There were cake balls, which you have to try if you get the chance, but they were 50p each. The money went to a cancer charity, which is great, but after delicious cupcakes at the Laini Taylor signing, I expected more.

The raffle was filled with loads of amazing prizes that I didn't win, and I mean loads. So many people were made happy by winning T-shirts and signed posters and star prize goodie bag that I'd have sold my soul for.

The whole event was just amazing. I met a ton of people and had a lot of fun. The cake, while being a lie, was lovely and I can't wait for the next event.

No comments:

Post a Comment