Monday 3 March 2014

Shattered by Teri Terry

Synopsis (from Goodreads)

Pages: 402
Publisher: Orchard Books
Released: 6th of March 2014

Kyla is in danger from both the government Lorders who erased her memory and the terrorists who tried to use her. So now she’s on the run. Sporting a new identity and desperate to fill in the blank spaces of her life pre-Slating, Kyla heads to a remote mountain town to try to reunite with the birth mother she was kidnapped from as a child. There she is hoping all the pieces of her life will come together and she can finally take charge of her own future. But even in the idyllic wilderness and the heart of her original family, Kyla realizes there is no escape from the oppressive Lorders. Someone close to her may be one of them, and even more frighteningly, her birth mother has been keeping secrets of her own.

What I Have To Say

I was so excited to read Shattered and see how everything ended up. Kyla,  or Rain or Lucy or Riley or whatever she's calling herself now, feels like an old friend. Throughout the books we have seen her develop from an empty Slated girl into her own person, even whilst not knowing quite where she came from. 

This book was slower than the last two, but I actually quite liked that. I think the pace gave a nice peaceful tone to Kyla's journey around the town of her childhood. Though I did find it a bit sudden when it heated up again. 

The ending wrapped up nicely. All the lose ends were wrapped up and there was nothing I was left wondering about. It had just the right amount of tension, twists and drama to make it a really good and satisfying conclusion. 

I will miss this trilogy a lot. Slated will always been the best of the trilogy to me and it has been a book I have adored since it first came out. I'm really, really sad to leave it behind, but at least I will have Teri Terry's new trilogy to look forward to.

Do I really need to tell you again that you need to read Slated?

No comments:

Post a Comment