Monday 14 January 2013

Let It Snow by Maureen Johnson, John Green and Lauren Myracle

Synopsis (From Goodreads)

Pages: 352
Publisher: Speak
Released: 2nd of October 2008

Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere would not normally end with a delicious kiss from a charming stranger. And no one would think that a trip to the Waffle House through four feet of snow would lead to love with an old friend. Or that the way back to true love begins with a painfully early morning shift at Starbucks.

What I Have to Say


I loved the fact that this was three different stories, from three different authors that fit so well together. The fact that all three stories were set in the same town, with three overlapping sets of characters worked really well for me.

They blended seamlessly too. It wasn't like it was three different authors. Even when they had characters that were crossing between stories, there was no moment when it felt like those characters were off or acting out of character.

Having read and reviewed a lot of Maureen Johnson and John Green, I won't repeat how awesome they are. They are amazing. I love them. That's all that needs to be said. So I'll focus on the third author, Lauren Myracle. Having never read anything by her before, I had no idea what to expect. But I actually think I liked her story best. It was interesting, had a good character and a cute pig.

So yes. I really loved this book! I'm glad I finally got around to reading it.

1 comment: