Tuesday 3 April 2012

Fiktshun's Soul Screamers Reading Challenge: My Soul to Keep


 There will be spoilers in this post from My Soul to Take and My Soul to Save. If you want to know more about the Soul Screamers books then check out my review of the first book in the series, My Soul to Take here! If you've already read My Soul to Take, then my review of My Soul to Steal is here!

Synopsis (from the Waterstones Website)

KAYLEE HAS ONE ADDICTION:HER BOYFRIEND NASH Like Kaylee, Nash is a banshee. So he understands her like no one else. Nothing - supernatural or otherwise - can come between them. That is, until something does. Demon breath - a potent paranormal drug with the power to kill. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. Kaylee and Nash need to cut off the source and protect their human friends - one of whom is already hooked. But Kaylee's plans are soon derailed when she uncovers another secret demon breath addict in their midst. Nash. Now she's ready to kick some serious Netherworld butt - but is it too late to save the boy who's stolen her heart?

What I Have to Say  

 I loved this book so much more than the other two! I was expecting something much the same, a stability in quality that doesn't make the series better or worse, but this was a real step up in quality. The emotions that she brings into her writing are just so touching.

The dangers of drug use (a very human issue) combined with the element of the Neverworld was really well written and led to a good story.

I did miss Todd though. There really wasn't enough of him in this book. Still when he did show up it was great. And I really want him and Emma to get together! They'd be a great couple and he clearly likes her!

No comments:

Post a Comment